Morticia's Diary Entry - 08/05/2019


Entangled and entwined
fates and hands
yours with mine
and even though nothing appeared ordinary
somehow it made perfect sense

I was at the shore
sojourning and contemplating on a cold night
when out of nowhere
I saw something
a spark at first, then a short glimmer
which then turned to a miniature flame
And slowly, the light took a shape - 
yours.

And my heart - the cold little bastard
which never bothered to look up to anything,
looked at you and smiled.

I never intended to adore you, 
Never wanted to give in to you
but that little asshole of my heart
started to warm up to your light.

I never wanted to look at you the way I do,
never wanted to kiss you the way I do.
But it all changed
as my hands clasped into yours
and then pulled me in your warm embrace
as I put my arms around your neck
and danced with my feet on yours
and my nose against yours
and my heart,
my heart close to yours
the mole hiding stealthily in your left brow
Almost mirroring my own in my right
I look back at that night and realized
it wasn't the night
or the music
or the place
it was you
your touch
your being.

And even though I'll never see you again,
and never curl up beside you,
and wake up beside you,
and look at you the creepy way I do,
or lick your nose the weird way I do,
Even though we'll never meet again,
or our lips,
or our bodies and souls,

the winds of my home will bear witness to the moment I first saw you
and walked with you while you entertained me with your family's supernatural encounters.

the terrace of my home will bear witness to the moment we held hands
when I first looked at you like a lost kid looks at his home

the terrace of your home will bear witness to the moment we first kissed
when my soul woke up after a long slumber

the hall of your home will bear witness to the moment we first danced
where for the first time, I was afraid, yet dared to let myself be vulnerable again.

the hall of the college canteen will bear witness to my eyes' anxieties
which but yearned to look at you just once more.

I'm sorry that you're scared
that you won't trust again
or love again
but I'm grateful
that you taught me
to be happy again, to be faithful
to love again

because

if it doesn't scare you
or disturb you
or make you smile like an idiot
then what's the point?

so what if it's scary
so what if it's hurtful
so what if you don't know how it's gonna end
so what if it keeps you up at night
it's also beautiful
and warm
and human.

Farewell, my summer love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you dude. Let it rip. [Why you must go watch The Bear right now]

Don't cry over Lost Bedsheets