Sunrise, Sunset



03/08/2019
I woke up with a jolt, dazed and disoriented. Like, you know, that state of mind between sleep and wakefulness when you're still delusional and not in a condition to process things? I rubbed my eyes, made a big-ass yawn, and looked outside of my window.

The view was majestic. The azure sky was tinted tangerine, and as I glanced up, I saw a caravan of pigeons serenading across the horizon.

Whoa. Hold up. Is that a sunrise or a sunset? What time is it? And even as the curiosity engulfed me, I decided to not look at the time, but enjoy the view instead.

All through our lives, we move. We meet new people, stay in touch with the old ones; sometimes lose contact with them, sometimes not. Some come to stay, some to leave; some make shit easier, and some make it really, really hard. With some, you have to say goodbyes, and with some, they just happen, even though you don't see them coming. With some, we're fortunate enough to be able to wish them well; with some, we're not.

As humans, we constantly evolve. I think that's the reason I find my species commendable. Confused, but sublime. Fucked up, but beautiful.  And one thing that sunrises taught me that day was the fact that maybe, we're looking at it wrong. Maybe it's not about sunrises and sunsets. Maybe it's not about hellos and goodbyes. Maybe it's about beginnings and ends. I couldn't tell a sunrise from a sunset. Is there a possible way of knowing whether goodbyes means the end? What if it's the mark of the beginning of something even more glorious? How do you know that death means the end of all things living? I don't know, maybe after we die we become dogs. Or oxygen molecules. Or a sunflower. Or a rainbow.

And maybe, just maybe, people aren't just people, and goodbyes aren't just goodbyes. People, maybe they're just the journey, not the destination. And farewells are just tickets to a newer, more exciting adventure.

Every time we bid adieus, every time we let go, every time we look at the sky - let's be thankful, for the lessons learned, for the acquaintances made, for the love and the hate, for the highs and the lows, for darkness and light - and look straight ahead... and keep moving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you dude. Let it rip. [Why you must go watch The Bear right now]

Don't cry over Lost Bedsheets