Me, myself & Morticia Morgendorffer

Hello, my beautiful, brave, anonymous audience. How are you guys holding up today? Better than yesterday, I hope. That's the dream anyway, amirite?

I'd like to thank everyone who took the pain of browsing through a words-only blog with no pictures and no glamor. Or everyone who was pushed by me to check this site out (consider yourself lucky). Or everyone who was redirected here via my Instagram hoping you'd find something worthwhile. Thank you all.

If you're still here and wondering who Morticia Morgendorffer is, I'd like to take this post and introduce you to her.

Morticia appears and tells Srishti to fuck off.



Like my skinny alter ego already told you, helloo, mon cher. This is Morticia. I am the beauty behind this baby. I was named after the famous gothic Mrs. Morticia Addams of the Addams family, for the reason that I am pretty dark-souled and love watching horror and gore more than anything else. Especially slasher flicks, savoring the scenes with people's guts falling out. Also, syntax-wise, a 'mortician' is a person who loves hanging out with dead bodies - in other words, who works at a mortuary; God, you guys have no dark sense of humor. I love listening to Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Marilyn Manson. My favorite tv show is NBC's Hannibal, and I love makeup. Srishti is pretty different in that regard. Where I am bold, she is timid. Where I am matte red lipsticks, she's cherry lip balm. She also hates romance, for some reason - again very contrasting with my own beautiful, breath-taking self. I am a pure, hopeless romantic, and I believe that you should NEVER give up on love. I mean, come on, it is the people who give love a bad name. Any sensible moron would know that. Which is why I like to take over whenever I can.

Srishti doesn't really care about how she looks at all. And do not dare encourage that mindset. Yes, I know that you shouldn't make your face the focus of your life, but you shouldn't really wholly ignore it either. I mean, imagine if your mom knew that you're gonna ruin your beautiful skin by leaving it open against the horrible pollution not putting sunscreens and moisturizers whenever necessary, she'd probably have skipped eating healthy at all. If you don't care about your skin, you might as well be born albino, right? So take my advice and start giving a shit. It's not the most essential thing in the world, but it is crucial. Your body is like a grammar mistake. If you don't take care of it yourself, you are gonna come out looking stupid - it's nobody else's loss.

Now, to the part about my unusual surname.

Morgendorffer is from the cynical, sarcastic, dead-on-the-inside nihilist Daria Morgendorffer from the 90's MTV show, Daria. She likes... well, rolling her eyes at people, judging her materialistic sister (and I quote "Quinn wears superficiality like a suit of armor because she's afraid of looking inside and finding absolutely nothing" and "Sometimes your shallowness is so thorough, it's almost like depth." Gold.) and faces existential dread with a calm monotone. All her friend groups have a single member limit and she is the face of feminism and self-reliance that Srishti just can't get enough of.

Daria loves combat boots and appreciates weird people, and Srishti has beautifully emulated the same in her own life. And by weird people, I mean everyone who feels out of place at most points in their life, or those who can't get enough of other people's judgment. Or who've grown in dysfunctional families and don't know love when they see it. (cue: commitment phobia) In general, Daria likes to be by herself but that doesn't mean she couldn't use a little help in the friend department - she's just a little too proud to ask. Not proud, really. More like, scared. Not because she thinks people would be mean to her. Mean, she could handle. Mean's her forte. It's the nice ones she's scared of. Because they all start that way. And then they all change.
But then again, the very few who've cheered Srishti up in her lows have always found her whenever they needed her. Did I say Srishti? I meant Daria. I should get some sleep now.

Comments

  1. This is the first one I read and couldn't help but go back and read all of them, this blog is worth repeating that activity again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love you dude. Let it rip. [Why you must go watch The Bear right now]

Don't cry over Lost Bedsheets